Writing an essay is a form of art that has only been mastered by some. It is an essential part of the academic program in universities and requires a certain type of commitment and efficiency from students. Students who lack the skill and talent for essay writing often choose to seek assistance from UK essays which is an incredible online writing service. However, if you want to practice and nurture your writing skills then follow the tips mentioned below.
THINGS TO AVOID WHILE WRITING ESSAYS:
- Colloquial language: When you’re assigned to write an essay, you are supposed to carry out a formal and strict tone throughout the piece. This means that there’s absolutely no room for you to insert colloquial language in the content. Hence, if you find yourself utilising conversational or casual words or sentence structure, then correct it there and then.
- Logical fallacies: When you incorporate illogical opinion or stance in the content, the entire piece falls flat. Therefore, try not to make remarks about racism, sexism, or patriarchal values and practices. This will not go well with the reader, and he or she will be forced to form a negative connotation. Moreover, you can’t insert information that does not correlate with the topic.
- Going off on a tangent: It is possible that during the essay writing process you get so much consumed in the process that you forget to end sentences correctly. Due to this reason, most sentences become too lengthy and go on for ages. This mistake is easily detectable during the proofreading stage. Furthermore, focus on your punctuation usage and try to keep the sentences short and effective.
- Starting too late: It is essential that you start the essay writing process as early as possible. This way you will be left with enough time in the end to proofread. Furthermore, you will be able to conduct thorough research and find better information and evidence as compared to last-minute preparation.
- Incorporation of inaccurate information: This one is a no brainer. Your entire piece may lose quality if you incorporate inaccurate and unethical information. Most importantly, by adding wrong data into your content, you’re giving the reader a reason to doubt your stance.
- Wrong formatting: Formatting holds utmost significance when it comes to writing an academic essay. Therefore, make sure that you’re following the guidelines provided by the teacher, without deviating from them. This will make it more presentable and attractive. Focus on the font size and line spacing and keep it coherent.
- Skipping proofreading: Imagine conducting a thorough investigation regarding your topic, investing a tremendous amount of time in writing, and then skipping the proofreading stage. This is a recipe for disaster. Proofreading helps you remove all the careless mistakes and lengthy sentence structures which can be detrimental for your piece of content.